January 2016 – Present: Matthew Bourne’s New Adventures & Re:Bourne – Audience Engagement Coordinator: Working closely with Matthew Bourne, New Adventures and Re:Bourne staff and dancers, EMG and presenting touring venues, this role supports Matthew Bourne’s artistic vision by developing and enhancing engagement with audiences. Seeking to increase its diversity and improve access, championing digital innovation and excellence within the organisation.
- Created and developed the company’s first digital strategy.
- Launched the use of new social media channels and introduced live streaming as part of audience engagement.
- Writes engaging and creative content for the company’s website, social media & monthly e-newsletter, with the aim of providing exciting insights for the company’s wide audience base.
- Keeps accessibility and inclusivity at the heart of all engagement.
July 2014 – Present: Freelance Writer – Regular contributor to Wonderful World of Dance, which reaches over 100k readers and London Calling, writing features and reviews about art across the capital. Have been commissioned to cover Yorke Dance Project’s Cohan Collective project (Aug ’15 & Aug ’16).
May 2015 – January 2016: Step into Dance – Marketing & Events Officer:
Managed the delivery and marketing of Step into Dance events, including Step LIVE! – a yearly celebration of youth dance, involving over 350 dancers. Step into Dance is the largest fully inclusive community dance programme in the UK, which currently runs in 200 secondary schools across London and Essex, led by the Royal Academy of Dance in partnership with the Jack Petchey Foundation. The programme offers weekly extra-curricular dance lessons to students who would not otherwise have access to high-quality dance provision.
- Managed the planning, delivery and evaluation of events throughout the year, engaging over 6,000 participants. This included maintaining budgets and contracting staff and artists for events.
- Created and maintained partnerships with organisations across London and Essex providing further opportunities for participants on the programme. This required maintaining VIP databases and highlighting the benefits of the programme to such important people as local mayors and key stakeholders.
- Created and disseminated all marketing and press material online and in print for the programme, promoting the programme and encouraging it to grow, including the management of the Step into Dance website. This involved knowledge of a wide range of social media platforms, design programmes and maintaining strong links with local and national press.
September 2014 – May 2015: Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance – Learning and Participation (Dance) Graduate Intern:
Worked with the Learning and Participation (Dance) team to organise, manage, administrate and teach many of the projects that give people of all ages and abilities the accessibility to dance. Managed the Youth Dance and Health Programmes and co-ordinated events such as Live at Trinity Laban and U.Dance. Taught a range of classes for children and young people and elderly people.
• Worked with the Marketing and Communications Department to take lead on promoting activities and managing social media networks.
• Managed participant and monitoring databases, extracting relevant information for use with funding and internal/external stakeholders.
November 2014: Currency Festival – Official Reviewer:
Selected to cover and report on the performances involved in Currency 2014 at the Place, London.
June 2014: LIFT Festival – Reviewer:
As part of the many great opportunities that IdeasTap offers I was chosen to review part of this years London International Festival of Theatre, learning from professional critic, Maddy Costa.
January – February 2014: Resolution! 2014 – Official Reviewer:
Selected to be a part of the review team for Resolution! 2014, at the Place and have worked alongside professional dance critics, including Josephine Leask, Lyndsey Winship, Sanjoy Roy, Donald Hutera, Keith Watson and Graham Watts. My reviews have been published on the Place website, as well as quoted on the Guardian, as part of Judith Mackrell’s dance blog.
August 2013 – September 2014: Yorke Dance Project – Professional Pathways Participant:
Involved with the process of creating work for their tour of Figure Ground in 2015. Took part in daily company class and supporting/learning how the company choreographs and produces material. Through this programme I have met and learnt from Robert Cohan CBE, an influential figure in contemporary dance.
June – August 2013: Jasmin Vardimon Company – Arts Administration Intern:
Based in the office I have learnt how the company is organised, working closely with the Education and Development Manager, and shadowing her day to day activities. Supported in the creation of an education pack and booking guide, which has since been distributed to their key contacts.
- 2014 – Professional class with Theo Clinkard, Abi Mortimer and Amy Bell at Greenwich Dance.
- July /August 2013 – Week long intensive summer school with Jasmin Vardimon Company.
- October 2012 & 2013 – Worked with Leslie Satin, tutor at New York University and ex-member of the Merce Cunningham Dance Company, exploring the creative process of choreography.
- July 2012 – Week intensive with Lila Dance
- September 2009 – July 2011 – Workshops with cast members of Wicked, We Will Rock You, Hairspray, Cats, Fame, Chicago and many more.